Pre Contract Manager
We are Peldon Rose and we are the workplace thinkers & makers. Our objective is a simple one: to transform office and building design for the benefit of people and business. As a design-led agency with significant scale, all our office refurbishment services are in-house. We take time to learn about our clients and create a tailored project team of the perfect experts to match projects and businesses. Put simply, the most important thing for us is people. It is at the heart of our business and through inspirational office designs, they create a work/love balance for all.
The Employee’s job role will be varied but will principally involve supporting the sales team to secure fast-track commercial office fit-out and refurbishment projects.
The Employee is responsible for ensuring that project profitability targets set at initial sales meetings are met.
- Co-ordination of structured and documented brief taking.
- Co-ordinating the strategy to effectively win the project and sell the services that Peldon Rose offer is followed.
- Provide Project Directors with the required support at subsequent negotiations on the prospective project.
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are fully co-ordinated and pitch timetables are met.
- Assess commercial risk of individual Projects with the project team, including viability of projects and ability to deliver to timescales and budgets.
- Agree timescales for the Project – pre and post tender. Ensure that these are communicated and controlled.
- Identify any potential Health & Safety issues regarding CDM, COSHH, method statements and risk assessments associated with the Project. Ensure Planning Co-ordinator responsible is allocated at an early stage.
- Liaise with the Design team to ensure design buildability, value engineering and drawings/specification for client approval.
- Where necessary, arrange for a member of the project team to assist clients in negotiations with their Landlords, Solicitors, Agents etc. to obtain all leases and licences to enable the works to proceed as quickly as possible.
- Carefully monitor costs as designs are developed. Ensure full design package produced for Contract Managers.
- Agree the stage for design freeze.
- Liaise with in-house Peldon Rose Group divisions, as appropriate, to provide M&E, Voice & Data (IT) and furniture input at an early stage in the project.
- Agree and write detailed specifications to enable the Contracts Team to obtain the most accurate and best possible price from subcontractors and suppliers for the works without interpretation when the project goes live.
- Provide back to back quotations on all packages in particular specialist items, i.e. joinery, acoustic works and any external works of a complicated nature.
- Agree contractual terms and conditions with the client, including the most commercially viable payment terms for the Group. Ensure all drawings, specification, contract documents are signed off prior to handover.
- Provide a detailed item by item cost plan/estimate to enable strict financial control of live Projects. Cost plan to be signed off by Contract Manager and Pre-Contract Manager at handover. Cost plan developed must be capable of detailed comparison once packages are placed, and form the basis of cost control on the project.
- Chair handover meetings to the Contracts team and ensure that the Contracts team take ‘ownership’ of the Project.
- Seek positive feedback from the Contracts team to ensure continued accuracy in estimating and to ensure that planned variation orders are achieved.
- Offer advice and assistance if necessary, to the Projects team post contract. Specifically ensure that where cost plan is not being met (+/- 2.5% on any one-line item), ensure that Project Managers are assisted in value engineering item to ensure original figures are returned or improved.
- Continually improve process to enable Peldon Rose to be a serious player in the Interior Design & Build market.
The employee will report directly to the Head of Pre Contracts on all project matters, and in his absence to the Head of Enterprise.
Required Experience (Essential)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Construction Project Management and Estimation.
- Experience of working in Commercial Office Interiors industry.
- Sales and Board Level Pitch experience.
- Continuous learning mindset
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Be able to effectively communicate technical terms/processes with non technical people
- Flexible mindset
- Not afraid to challenge
- Leadership skills
- Focused on continuous improvements
For more details, or to apply, please contact email@example.com