Enterprise Project Designer
We are Peldon Rose and we are the workplace thinkers & makers. Our objective is a simple one: to transform office design for the benefit of people and business. As a design-led agency with 100 employees, all our office refurbishment services are in-house. We take time to learn about our clients and create a tailored project team of the perfect experts to match projects and businesses. Put simply, the most important thing for us is people. It is at the heart of our business and through stunning office designs, they create a work/love balance for all.
Based in the Concept side of the Design team, the Project Designer will work at pre-contract stage to produce dynamic concepts in office design used in pre-contract sales negotiations. The Design team is integral to the wider Enterprise team which designs, builds and completes projects greater than 5000sqft.
The role will be varied and challenging; you will be required to work across several briefs to create compelling and original design work for our potential future clients’ needs. You will need to be able to use your initiative to work without close supervision and reach tight deadlines, both alone and part of the wider design team. You will be presentable, confident with good client skills as you will be required to meet and discuss briefs with potential clients during the sales pitching process. Strong skills in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, InDesign and Photoshop are essential.
The role of a Project Designer will be varied and challenging, each day will be different.
- To work as an integrated and compelling member of the creative pitch team, supporting, assisting and learning from other designers in order to create outstanding design solutions which fulfil our potential client’s needs and stretch their imaginations.
- To use all your sensory skills to consistently produce very high quality creative responses to our clients’ briefs, in order for Peldon Rose to be appointed on every pitch in which you participate or originate.
- To support and work with the project pitch team.
- To learn and share creative ideas with the designers and strive to grow the level of design quality at Peldon Rose.
- To stretch the imagination and consistently produce creative responses to pitches that challenge ourselves and our clients.
- To space plan using Autocad and to become an expert with significant speed and dexterity
- To introduce new products, finishes and trends to the entire team
- To take client briefs and document for the project team.
- To present design solutions to clients either on your own or as part of an integrated team
- Production of presentation montage boards, ensuring good liaison and co-ordination for the designs that you are responsible for, with other team members specification details and budgets.
- The presentation of design requirements interpreted as design schemes in the format of presentation boards, montage boards and visuals to support the sales team’s successful award of projects and retention of clients.
- To consistently raise the standard of presentations within Peldon Rose, both through design content, material and technology
- To consistently learn, to visit exhibitions, furniture show and product launches
- To develop the use of Photoshop and other electronic presentation media within the business
- To offer our clients exceptional client service of speed, transparency and honesty
- To be budget aware when creating a design
- To openly share your views with the wider team and participate in the success strategy of the business
Required Skills and Experience
- A strong working proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop and InDesign
- Creative skills that are focused and can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry
- Skills in showing ideas through hand sketches preferred, or the use of Sketch Up to express ideas to collaborate with Visualisation and Precontracts
- Confident personality, with team player attitude
- Eager to learn, collaborative attitude
- Advanced level of English language skills, both written and verbal
Above all to take this job description as our minimum expectation, to work over and beyond our minimum expectation to achieve the success that is available to you within the business.
Is this the new challenge you’ve been looking for? We’d love to hear from you if it is! For more information about the role, or to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org